Tuesday 5 June 2012

Lego Death Star (Part I)

Oh my. What a surprise I got this afternoon when not only did a courier turn up on a bank holiday weekend.... but the parcel they were delivering had my name on.

The Courier joked about the Lego Logo on the box - but this was no laughing matter.... only one thing could be in a box that big!

It was from Billund, Denmark.



I was ecstatic.  I didn't know what to do. I ended up just bouncing round the house.

Grabbing a knife I finally prized it open at one end.

There on the top was a little bag. It was an exclusive Hulk MiniFigure. I nearly exploded with excitement, despite knowing that as good as he was he wasn't the main attraction... he was just a bonus freebie from Lego.com.

Underneath the bag.... was a side view of a BIG Lego box.... one that had 22 Mini Figures printed on it! It could only be one thing.....



It was the LEGO DEATH STAR!!!

Again I bounced around the house, making odd excited squeaky noises.

With some help (and calming down) from Mikey we pulled out the large heavy Lego Box.

I carefully opened it.... to reveal 4 large numbered boxes.... and a instruction manual that was so thick it was spiral bound.



5 fun filled hours later and we had only emptied the first of the four boxes....

Box 1 complete. 
The big build continues... so stay posted....

1 comment:

Nosila107 said...

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! How very very exciting! It's FANTASTIC!!