Friday 6 July 2012

Team GB - Bags 1-3

The Team GB Minifigures have made their way to deepest darkest Cornwall and in my eagerness not to let them get away from me I bought 9 packets last night.

10 minutes of fondling and I was pretty confident when I left Tescos that I shouldn't have too many (if any) swapsies.

First out of the bag was the Flexible Gymnast - easy to identify with the two small single bricks that form her balance bar.

(This isn't her original balance bar - I modified it to make her achieve better poses.)
Next out of the bags came the Brawny Boxer - again pretty easy to identify due to his large headgear. 

Team GB dominate in the ring.
I then decided to open one of the bags I wasn't completely sure about. Lego have been a little devious with this series as there are a number of characters that don't come with any equipment... so extra care is needed to feel for any other distinguishing features.

In bag three I found the Judo Fighter.... I'd found her solely by feeling for her long hair/pony tail.

Jess quickly throws her opponent to the ground to be honoured with Gold.
So far I was pretty excited. The detailing on the figures is of a usual high standard. The baseplates carry the Olympic Logo and all the figures are looking pretty happy - not sickeningly happy though - to be wearing their team kit and proud to have won their gold medals.


There were still 6 bags left to open... How long could I wait?

2 comments:

Jez Andrews said...

Great aren't they? Judo mike here thinks he could beat jess!! Got the horse riding lady too........will have to get more soon.

My son wants to create a lego blog with me so watch this space :)

KatieCake said...

No-one beats Jess. She has the gold medal. ;-)

I look forward to reading your upcoming Lego Blog soon. You and your son should definitely do one.

I actually have a load of new Lego bits that I haven't blogged about yet... so hopefully I will do some new posts about those soon. ;-)