Wednesday 28 November 2012

Birthday Bonanza

It was my birthday last week and what could else would any other 30something girl love more than a wee bit of Lego.

And what a haul I got. Mikey really spoilt me.



First up was Creationary - for those who haven't heard of it, it's a Lego Board game. You roll the dice to select a building category: vehicles, buildings, nature or things! Then you show off your building skills, while the others try to guess what you are creating. 



He also showered me with 3 smaller Lego sets. 

A City Set (4200) which is a Mining 4x4 vehicle that is really fun to build, quite a quick build, but the end product is really quite nifty. 



Next up was the Knight and Castle Building Set (5929) - which is a cute little set that provides instructions to build a Castle, a fire-breathing dragon and a cart. However it also suggests other simple building ideas.  I think it is marketed for the younger or inexperienced fan, but it really encourages imagination and creativity. Me? I just love Lego, esp the wonderful little Knight MiniFig that comes with the set.

Also thrown into the mix was the Monster Fighters Mummy Set (9462). In this set the female monster fighter has a lightweight helicopter whilst the Mummy trys to escape in a ghostly chariot.  The Mummy is quite similar to that of the Minifigure Series 3 figure, however he has glow in the dark features making him more eerie.  If that didn't sound exciting enough, the chariot is being pulled by a glow-in-the-dark skeleton horse.  It isn't a set that I would have chosen to buy myself but it is pretty cool and the horse and glow in the dark features make it well worth it.

Not content with all that he also gave me the Star Wars Lego Advent (more to come on that in December) and a snazzy little pencil case. The top - a Lego head - is actually a pencil sharpener and the case contains 12 Lego pencils. It is awesome!




It wasn't just Mikey who gave me Lego! I also got some cute little sets off my good friends too. (They know me so well)

Ali and Amy sent me the adorable 6858 Catcycle Chase (6858). I have wanted the CatWoman figure for ages so I was really very excited by this and as it also came with a traditional Batman figure, it is really a great little set. Thanks ladies. =D

Finally, Kim and Robert gave me the Zombie Car set (30200)  which they bought for me whilst on their recent trip to the States.  It really is an ace little set with a super new Zombie Minifigure from the Monster Fighter series. Theres just something about the Zombies.... they rock. Thanks guys. =D



Well I think that covers my Birthday Bonanza Haul.  I was completely and utterly spoilt and now our house is getting slightly more Lego filled. Which isn't a bad thing. ;-)


BIG thanks to everyone for their fabulous pressies. 

1 comment:

trio said...

Can't wait to come down and play that game, it sounds so much fun!