Tuesday 20 November 2012

Pre Birthday Gifts

As is the norm for these such occasions, Mikey gave me a few pre-Birthday gifts. The first one came the week before my birthday. This was a super pressie indeed but as it was non-Lego related I will spare you the details. (It was a toy though, so maybe you might want to know.)

Anyway, 2 days before my birthday came the next pre-Birthday gift .... the Mandorian Battle Pack (7914)



It is a set I have "ummmed and ahhhed" about since it's release but never actually got round to buying.



It's actually a pretty super little set that comes with 4 MiniFigs, a speeder (above) and a blaster turret, but I have previously been dubious about the set because the Mandalorians heads/faces are pink! As a "Lego purist" I do prefer my Lego Figs to have yellow heads, but in this instance I would prefer that they didn't have either.  Why? Because their necks can be seen under their helmets.... Clones and Stormies heads should always be black so they have a black neck which looks much better under their armour.)

Anyway, kind Mikey bought this as my rainy day/pre-Birthday gift and despite my pre-conceptions I am very happy with it and they have now they have been deployed against the Clone Troopers Battle Pack (7913)



 The following day... now just one day before my birthday... came my 3rd (and final) pre-Birthday Pressie. This time it was a very special MiniFigure!

The wonderful bounty Hunter, Boushh.  


Oh oh! Look who has arrived with a Wookee hostage.

... Then off comes the helmet and we see who it really is.

Originally from the pretty expensive Jabbas Palace Set (9516) Mikey had bought her as a seperate MiniFig... which is pretty awesome as she was the main attraction of that set.

What great pre-Birthday gifts indeed.  My first bits of Star Wars Lego in ages. =)

Thanks Mr Mikey. x