Saturday 12 January 2013

Imperial Chess

After making him play Chess everyday since I got the Kingdoms chess set, I sensed Mikey was getting a little bored of it, so using many of the figures from my Death Star (& a pair of Scout Troopers) I made a new "team" so he just wouldn't be able to refuse. ;-)



Imperial Chess anyone? by Kitty*Kins
Imperial Chess anyone?, a photo by Kitty*Kins on Flickr.
Nooooo! For the first time ever, he actually beat me.... damn the power of the Dark Side!

I would have loved to use Boba Fett and Jango as the Knights, due to the fact that the Knight Pieces can jump and the Fetts can fly... but sadly I do not have a Jango and two Boba's would have been rubbish. Maybe one day though.

There are actually two impostors in there too.... can you spot Han and Luke in their StormTrooper suits?

5 comments:

Jez Andrews said...

Awesome, I so love the original set and am a bit jealous as I'd love to own it too.(love chess) Your own adaptation is just brilliant but am I to take it you didn't have a rebel side to match them?

Loving the blog as ever

KatieCake said...

Hi Jez. Thanks for the comment. Glad you are still enjoying the blog. =D

The chess set really is fab. I would highly recommend it.

I did try and create a Rebel side.... but really struggled to decide who would play each Chess Piece..

If Yoda was King who would be his Queen? If Leia was Queen surely Han should be King.... Eek! It just bamboozled me too much. The Knights should really be Jedi Knights; Luke and Old Ben?

Wookies would obviously need to be there too! And R2 and C3P0. But which piece would they all play? LOL. See? it's just too hard to decide.

LOL! Any ideas for a Rebel team would be greatly appreciated.

Jez Andrews said...

Thought this link might give you something to help you..

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/09/nice-badass-lego-star-wars-che.php

or this

can't help but be impressed with it!

Peronally on a more 'normal' level I would have made Luke king with Leia as queen. Hans and chewy as bishops and R2 units as rooks. I'm not sure about knights. How about some landspeeder piolets. Pawns would be rebel fighters.

Jez Andrews said...

sorry missed link!

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/07/i-am-impressed-return-of-the-jedi-lego-c.php

trio said...

Brilliant!