Saturday 19 January 2013

The Final Two - Series 9

The last two MiniFigs which I needed proved to be very elusive.  I tried both our local toys shops and despite the kind shop owners allowing me to fondle every bag... I just couldn't find them.

The Forest Maiden should have been easy to find with her unmistakable triangular (dress) body, her shield and her bow, but still I could not find her.  I was really looking forward to her arrival as she looks pretty super and has a brand new female hair cut.


Unbeknown to me Mikey went and ordered her from eBay for me so when she arrived in the post, just in time for our 13year anniversary, I was over the moon! As was the Ernie the Elf from series 3...who instantly  declared his love for her.

Fern & Ernie
So that still left just one more to be collected. The Roller Derby Girl. The bloke in the toy shop said he had only seen one but couldn't tell me much about the skates - as apart from the helmet they are pretty much all that identifies her and I wasn't too sure what to be feeling for.

Anyway, I left both toy shops empty handed.  I would have to reluctantly try at the supermarket....

I never had time to try and find her at the supermarket though as again Mikey made a snappy eBay purchase and she soon arrived on our doorstep.  Her roller-skates are absolutely fab little things.... which amazingly even fit onto the base plate. Which is probably for the best as she doesn't have the best of balance and she isn't the best of roller-skaters and always has a look of fear on her face.


2 comments:

Jez Andrews said...

Lego 'unexpected gathering' (79003) on order for us :)

KatieCake said...

oOOo that's a very nice set. =D