Saturday 2 February 2013

Spidey man, spidey man....

I bought a great set a few weeks ago from our Local Toy shop - whilst hunting down the final few series 9 MiniFigures but have failed to post about it until now.

So here it is..... Set Number 76004 - The Spider-Cycle Chase.  I have to be honest, as is often the case, I only bought the set for the MiniFigures.

As you may have guessed from its title, the set comes with Spiderman!  I know you'll be shocked to know, but until now I didn't actually have a Lego Spideyman.  I have often been tempted to buy him off eBay but he was often too pricey for a MiniFig alone.   

Anyway, I was really glad that I did hold off as those lovely people at Lego put him in a brand new set with one of my fave Avenger characters, Nick Fury. Yay!

Admittedly this character is based on his Movie form (played by Samuel L Jackson) but as a huge Jackson fan, I think that's why I love it so much.  Anyway, he has now joined the rest of my Avengers, keeping them all in check. =D



The set also comes with Spidermans nemesis Venom, which is surprisingly a cool little character, if a tad scary looking.  It also comes with two vehicles to build. A SHIELD flying car and a Spider-Cycle. =D

It's a really fab little set but again I only bought it for the figures..... Don't get me wrong, the vehicles are pretty cool but I'm just not too sure how long they will stay built for, as our dining room really is beginning to look like a Lego shop.  I may have to possibly go back to just having my Star Wars kits on display and only keep out the MiniFigs from the other sets.


No comments: