Sunday 17 February 2013

Cowabunga Duuuuuuude!

Cowabunga Duuuuuuude! by Kitty*Kins
Cowabunga Duuuuuuude!, a photo by Kitty*Kins on Flickr.
For Valentines Mikey gave me the most fantastic pressie; my first Lego Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Not just any turtle though; my fave; the scientist/inventor, Donatello!

I was over the moon, I have been long anticipating their arrival.... after one of our local toy shop owners accidentally let slip, early last year, that they were in the pipeline.

Anyway, the turtle figure is cuter than I could have ever dreamed.  Lego have really captured their essence and characteristics.  He is probably one of my firm faves out of all the Minifigs I own, which is saying something, as I own over well over 500 now.  

Anyway Donnie, didn't come alone. He came as part of set (Number 7901).  In Shredder's Dragon Bike also comes the evil Shredder and one of his foot soldiers.

The foot soldier is also really cool. Nothing too fancy - but really looks like I remember them from my childhood. Shredder is a bit of a menacing figure... but I guess he is meant to be.

Overall, it's a really cool little set. Shredder's bike is pretty fun to make and Donatello's motorised skateboard is interesting.  Unfortunately, as our house is starting to become over-run with Lego, I cant imagine it will stay built for too long.... but to be fair, Mikey only bought it me for the Turtle MiniFigure, who now proudly sits in our lounge, awaiting the arrival of his buddies. ;)

No comments: