Wednesday 14 March 2012

Star Wars - Battle of Hoth

As I said in the last post I went a little bit crackers in the toy shop this week and as well as the super Lego Truck, I also arrived home with a board game. It is actually my first Lego Board game but after playing this, I will definitely be buying more.

Star Wars Battle of Hoth
(Lego Kit 3866)
After the initial excitement of finding the MiniFigs were actually Micro-Mini-Figs the fun continued with building the board and the vehicles (which are great little MiniKits).

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the game itself was also really rather fun. It is a strategy game but not too difficult to get your head around.  We have played it a couple of times now and of course I won all of them - but that's only because Michael knows what is good for him (and because I am always the Rebels and the goodies always have to win!)

2 comments:

Nosila107 said...

Hang on? The Rebels are the goodies? Oh no, now I've got all confused again. Just when I thought I'd got it worked out!

What is a micro-mini-fig?

I've never even seen Lego games, but this sounds fab!

KatieCake said...

Nooooo ;-) .... Have I taught you nothing? The Rebellion are the goodies. Rebelling against the tyranny of the Imperial forces (Darth Vader and The Emperor.)

You two will love the game. Its only a 2 player one, but we could do it in teams of two. ;-)