Wednesday 23 May 2012

LegoLand Swag

During our trip to LegoLand you can imagine I was like a kid in a sweet shop. I was overwhelmed and giddy and having the time of my life - especially in the LegoLand shops.





The first stop was the BIG Lego Store.  I was awestruck. It was amazing.  We spent a good half an hour in there. I wanted everything! I wanted a box of bricks, windows and doors... .... a courier bag... and so many other exciting things.   I was obviously extremely tempted by the Death Star.... but I just couldn't justify the expense. We actually left without anything at this point as knew we'd be back nearer the end of the day. There was just too much choice and I couldn't decide.


Then it was onto the Star Wars Store. Again I nearly exploded with excitement at the sights....
The key ring section was unbelievable. So many minifigures! Again I was just overwhelmed by the choice and left with nothing. Don't panic.... I planned to go back.....

The next shop was the Brick Brothers... which sadly involved a very embarrassing moment when I accosted the wrong man (thinking I was dragging Mikey to see something exciting) which made me leave there very quickly indeed without purchasing anything.


Finally it was back to the BIG Lego Store where I settled on a couple of souvenirs; A key ring for myself, a couple of Mugs and some souvenir gifts for friends and family.  And the Battle of Naboo set (7929).

Later in the day after a second trip around the Star Wars attraction and it was back to the Star Wars Store where Mikey bought an Aayla Secura keyring and a Storm Trooper alarm clock for himself and a Clone Trooper t-shirt for me.

It was then time to check-in at the Lego Hotel. Being very kids orientated there were free gifts for every hotel guest... and after completing a few clues to get a number for a secret safe we were rewarded with some bounty.... some Lego Choc pennies and two little "Creator" kits - a fish and a truck.


Overnight, I started kicking myself for not buying the Death Star. I wanted it and who cared if we wouldn't be able to eat for a week or two.... I decided to treat myself.

Sadly however, the park was shut on Day Two so we couldn't get into the bigger stores - just the smaller hotel lobby shop.

In a bid to console me Mikey bought me a wonderful Creator 3 in 1 Lighthouse set (5770) and himself a Elite Clone Trooper and Commando Battle Droid Pack (9488).

It even has a working Light!


I'm still a little gutted that I missed out on the Death Star - especially as it was £25 cheaper to buy it there than it is at the online Lego Shop. Ahhh well, with all these amazing goodies.... I can't stay glum. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Death Star woulda been ace! No worries though,my friend,you came home with really cool beans none-the-less! I'm glad you guys had a great time,and a safe trip,and glad to see you at te keyboard again :)

The Disabled Cyclist

Jez Andrews said...

Jealousy is a terrible thing.....but dammit I'm very jealous!!! :)