Sunday 22 January 2012

A week of MiniFigures

With my Series 4 collection complete and still little access to the Series 6 figures my withdrawals resulted in me becoming a little more obsessed with Lego and I spent last weekend ordering Series 3 MiniFigures from eBay and they have been landing on my doorstep all week long.

Before then, I only had the four that Rob and Kim had given me for Christmas. I had the Gorilla-suit Guy, the Sumo-Wrestler, the Tribal Chief and the Race Car Driver, but now I wanted them all.

First to get ordered was the Samurai Warrior. He is a great MiniFig and was a little more pricey than his £1.99 RRP but as he isn't available to buy in shops anymore I couldn't grumble and when he arrived I wasn't disapointed.  The next on my most wanted list was the Hula Dancer and I found her at a very reasonable price and saw that her seller also had the Baseball player and the Mummy. Obviously I bought them all!

I then wanted the Pilot; he is a fine gentleman with a spectacular moustache - I imagine he used to fly biplanes etc. I found him quickly and got him for a very reasonable deal along with the Space Alien, the Tennis Player and the Rapper.

I was now on a roll and couldn't stop here, I was nearly complete! The next on my list was the Elf.  Most were going for a tidy profit as he is quite a collectible and pretty rare,  but I managed to win one at a not overly expensive price. His seller was also selling the Space Villain/Cyborg but annoyingly I got outbid at the last minute before he was immediately re listed. I can only hazard a guess that the buyer wasn't happy at letting him go at £1.99 as I'd paid considerably more for the Elf.  After then losing the bid on the re-listing, I gave up and decided to find another seller for the Cyborg. In the meantime I had also won auctions for the fabulous Fisherman and the Snowboard chick.

Hehehe. With a few arriving on my doorstep each day this truly has been a great week for MiniFigures.

As well as all the Series 3 eBay purchases I have also managed to get my hands on a few more series 6 figures. Firstly, on Thursday when we went to the not-so-local-toy-shop; where I found the Bandit, the Minotaur, the Space Alien and the Flamenco dancer.   Then on Saturday I discovered they had finally made it to our Local Toy Shop.  Here, I only managed to find three; The Roman Solider, the Genie and the Butcher before a small boy pushed in between me and the box where he stood irritating me.  Most annoyingly the first one he picked up was Lady Liberty who I had been looking for for the last 5 minutes. Grrr! Kids, eh? ;-)

1 comment:

Nosila107 said...

How exciting!! My Series 6 collection still stands at the lovely pyjama boy as they've not appeared up here yet.