Friday 21 September 2012

Series 8 - A few more...

On Wednesday we had to take the car to have some new brakes fitted. So whilst we waited we wandered over to Tesco to see who we could find from Series 8.  I only needed four more and there were plenty in the boxes so with a bit of luck I would come home with all 4!

First we found what we hoped would be the Red Cheerleader. Yay! The Cheerleader from Series One has been a firm fave of mine... and one of the few female MiniFigures I like... so I was looking forward to getting her a friend. She took suprisingly quite a lot of finding - as we had to find both pompoms as the alien brain feels quite similar. (That was until I remembered that the Alien had the huge unmistakable triangular skirt.)

Then Mikey found Father Christmas by locating his beard.  Then after much much more searching and with only a couple of bags left to feel I thought I'd found the Vampire Bat.  I hadn't expected him to be quite as hard to find due to his usual arms... but it was a lot trickier than I'd imagined.

There were now only a few bags left. A young boy joined us at the box and he grabbed a bag. After having a little feel of it he announced it had two heads.  I desperately hoped that he didn't want it and that he would reject it but no.... off he walked. Nooooo! I was mortified. Hamlet is the only one left I needed. (As long as all my predictions were correct.)

In despair we fondled the final few bags.... Nothing. :(

We then went back to the garage to wait for the car.  It was taking longer than expected as they had to wait for the disks to be delivered. I had no scissors... I wanted to open my packets!

In anticipation I re-fondled the bags.  Oh no! Had we made a huge mistake? I now no longer thought that I had any of the ones we had thought we'd found.  Had someone swapped the three in my basket whilst we weren't looking?

I now needed to desperately open them.... To put myself out of my misery....

With a lot of effort I managed to use my teeth to open bag one. Yay! It was the Bat. Phewph... One down, two to go.


The next bag could be Father Christmas but I could no longer feel the beard. I was worried. It took me forever to get into it. Thankfully when I finally managed to get it open out popped every ones fave, Father Crimbo.  He is super.  His beard is much more Santa-ish than previous Santa figures.

I can't wait till he adorns our Christmas tree.
I fondled the final bag.... Please let it be the cheerleader? Again it took quite some time to get into the bag without scissors... but my house key did a pretty good job and out she popped.

Bring it on!
Now I only need to find the elusive Thespian. Maybe a trip to Tesco in the next town over is called for.

1 comment:

Nosila107 said...

Yay for the cheerleaders' initials! :-) Will keep on the lookout for another Hamlet too.