Friday 14 September 2012

Series 8 is here.

Yesterday sweet Mikey made a quick trip to Tesco for me on his way home from work (donned in Lycra and with his clippy cloppy bicycle shoes).

Despite the odd looks he got and against all odds (as just yesterday the local shop owner had been told that Series 8 wouldn't be in the UK till Oct 5th) he found a box of the new series.

He grabbed 4 - without too much fondling and headed home.

On his return I quickly ripped open the first bag that I grabbed from his pannier.

YAY! Out fell the awesome bad robot....



I then tried to convince myself I would wait for an hour before opening another bag.  As you can probably guess that plan didn't even last a minute.  

Who was I kidding?


I fondled the next bag.... Ohhhh, I found a round shape.... it must be the cheerleaders pom pom.... I couldn't find another round shape though... Ooops.... I'm such a fool -  that first round shape was a Mini Fig head.  My excitement to have the great red cheerleader was making me daft.

I continued trying to find another distinguishing feature.... Oh my! This time I found a hat..... this must be the Lederhosen Guy... Oh wow.  I now couldn't wait to open it.  I tore it open quickly and was far from disappointed.


Little Jens

My first two bags were great. I was well chuffed. The Evil Robot was cool - even with his scary red eyes and Lederhosen guy, now named Jens, was just splendid!

Moments later my excitement was again uncontainable.... a quick feel of the next bag.... it had the unmistakable trophy of the American footballer and a quick squeeze of the next bag found the distinctive fairy wings in there.






Wow. Such a great little haul. All 4 figs have been far from disappointing and amazingly this Series doesn't seem to have one character that I am not looking forward to getting. Those people at Lego have done a super job.

Anyway, Mikey has his orders to head back to Tesco this lunch time - this time more fondling will be required to avoid any swapsies.

Watch this space to see what if he comes up trumps....

1 comment:

Nosila107 said...

Oh Wow! What an amazing first haul. Series 8 really is a good collection!