Sunday 16 September 2012

Series 8 - Another 5

Yesterday my Mum was off to a neighbouring town so as I hadn't been there for a while and as it has better shops than our town I thought I'd go along for the ride. (I ended up spending far too much money - on Lego of course and a pair of proper running trainers - but that's not for this blog).

Our first stop was in Tesco. Their toy aisle is HUGE in comparison to our Tesco and there was a huge selection of Lego. First in my basket went a couple of little sets... but more on those later)

Then I spent 5 minutes fondling bags.

The first bag I picked up was the Conquistador - as I already had him, I gave him to my Mum - who I knew wanted him - in exchange for the Deep Sea Diver that she had in her hand - he was in the first bag she'd picked up but I snatched him off her. (She knows no better and was relying on me to identify all hers.) His helmet was the biggest giveaway but I also located his spear gun for extra confirmation.

I wasn't disappointed when I got home.
The next bag I picked up was the Skier.
(Her ski's are obvious) She is quite a nice figure but not one of my faves. If I'm honest I'm not really not a fan of the female MiniFigs - the colours are too garish - pinks and purples - and their make-up is always hideous. Anyway, I would need her to complete my collection, so she went in to my basket.


The next bag was the Business Man. (Easily identified due to the newspaper and suitcase) I knew that Mikey had said he liked that MiniFig, so in he went.



I then found about three bags that I couldn't identify anything in them, so rejected them.

The next bag to be identified was the Cow Girl. Her lasso is very easy to find.

(The horse didn't come with her, but it is a little clue as to what
else I bought on this shopping spree)
The final bag was obviously the Alien. The large triangular block instead of legs is the biggest tell-tale-sign. I've always liked the look of the Alien Conquest stuff so was quite looking forward to this figure, but now I have it in my hand I'm not so sure. Maybe it will grow on me.


Yay. When I got home all 5 identifications had been right and without any more swapsies I was far from disappointed. Not too many more to collect now....

1 comment:

Nosila107 said...

Another cracking haul. I love the little businessman and the cowgirl.