Monday 19 December 2011

Christmas came early...

Last Monday the most exciting parcel was pushed through my door.  A superb Christmas pressie from my friends in Scotland.  They are Internet friends who I met on Flickr, through our mutual fondness for Guinea Pigs. We have been in contact for a while and at the beginning of this year we finally briefly met during their honeymoon in Cornwall.

As I have previously said its only recently that I have admitted my love for Lego and it was only then that I found that Robert also shared this passion.  He said he had lots of swapsies from the first few Mini Figures series which I could have.  He then also offered some of the extra MiniKits that he had picked up over the years.  I was ecstatic. We hadn't really come up with any concrete price but then on Sunday he announced that he and Kim had decided to send them as Christmas gifts.  I was overwhelmed by their generosity and then completely amazed when the package arrived the next morning.

It was all wrapped up in Xmas paper though so I decided to wait until Christmas morning.  However excitement got the better of me.  I wanted to be good, but I wanted to see the Mini figures more! 

Mikey was home so he helped me open the package carefully and just remove the bag of mini figures.
(The rest of the contents were then sealed back up and put under the Christmas tree. The mini figures distracting my attention enough to keep my mind off what is still to come.  Watch this space for the MiniKits)

So who did they send me?

From Series 1 The Magician and Clown

From Series 2 The Witch, Surfer and Mariachi man (who is definitely a personal fave)



From Series 3 The Sumo-wrestler, Gorilla Guy (another fave), Racing Driver and a Native American

The detail on this are super, there is a zip down the back and the head has droplets of sweat; from him overheating in his warm suit. I love it!

From Series 4 The Footballer


*****

I really have to say such a HUGE thank you to Kim and Robert. I do not know how I can ever repay them for their wonderful generosity.

No comments: