Monday 24 December 2012

Woop! Series 9 are here!

A few days ago I was shocked to see a few pics on Flickr of some Series 9 Minifigs.... They weren't supposed to be out until January!

Anyway, I was heading into town last Friday so I popped in the newly re-opened Toy Shop to see if they had a release date. The toy shop had changed quite a bit but the Lego shelves were pretty much empty.  We had a browse at other stuff and I was just heading towards the door, when I felt a tap on my shoulder.  Mikey had spotted a box on the counter.  It was Series 9!

I gasped! The lady behind the till laughed.  I told her off for not telling me (she knows me) and she said she had told Mikey a few days ago. What? He never told me? Turns out she hadn't told him! She had mistakingly told him they had Series 8, which he knew I had. (They had been closed when it had first released.)


Anyway, I set too fondling bags.  The shop lady made me laugh as the one who knows me said to her new colleague who made a comment that I would never find what I wanted said "Oh no. She is GOOD! She knows what to look for!"



Anyway... back to the bags... ooOoo there was the Waiter... the Chicken Suit Guy... the Medieval Knight.... as for the others, I didn't mind who I got - just so long as I didn't have any duplicates.  I came home with 7 (and one for my Mum for Xmas. I'd have to keep quiet about Series 9 though until Xmas, otherwise she would be rushing out to buy her own and ruining her Xmas surprise).

When I got home I grabbed my scissors. First to pop out was the the waiter.  How odd he had been the first to be fondled in the shop and now out he popped first again.  He was a determined little fellow!

Next out were my most anticipated Chicken Suit Guy and the Heroic Knight (the Medieval Guard) .... Both are instant faves!



Next up were the Judge and Roman Emperor. Both pretty accurate and nice little chaps....



And finally out popped the awesome little Battle Mech (who incidentally reminds me of a Power Ranger) and Mr Good and Evil (aka Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde).


I was very pleased with my haul. I just can't wait to get my hands on some more..... Maybe Father Christmas will get me some. ;-)


No comments: