Thursday 27 December 2012

... Xmas Lego Surprises continued

After an eventful Christmas morning.... my Mum popped round to give us our Christmas pressies before we joined her for lunch. As always there were lots of little goodies to be shared but we also had a main one each.  Mine was in a big square box.  I shook it. (A habit of a Lego addict!) Its didn't rattle at all. It wasn't Lego!


As I am a big kid at Christmas I quickly tore off the corner of the paper.... there was the unmistakable Lego Logo. Hang on it hadn't rattled!? I eagerly tore off more paper.  There in front of me was the Lego Kingdoms Chess Set. WOW!!


I was flabbergasted.  It had been on my birthday list... but I had since forgotten about it - knowing that Mikey isn't a chess fan and I forgetting that other people may just buy me Lego for Christmas.  Therefore it was completely unexpected - and even more so as it hadn't rattled.... I guess after years of being a Lego Mum she has learnt to open boxes and fill them up so there is no room for pieces of Lego to move and rattle.
It is a beautiful set. With 328 pieces of Lego in the box.  There are 32 Characters (28 minifigures and 4 Towers/Rooks) to build and lots of flat (4x4) black and white tiles to build the chessboard onto the baseboard.  Each character also has weapons and armour so it took me ages to put each fab little piece together.

The silver and red characters are the from the Lion Knight series with a King & Queen, Knights and even Jesters.  Whilst the other set are green and pewter Dragon Knights - with a Wizard King and his maiden Queen and Dragon Knights and Bishops etc.

The set is most possibly my fave non-Star Wars set. I love it!

Poor Mikey has had to endure a game of Chess every night since. Though it's a good job he is rubbish as I am always the Lion Knight Set -  and as they are the goodies -  they obviously have to win! Goodies always win!

No comments: